Wild Goose Camping Rules
General Park Rules
As with any natural setting, the City of Juneau parks are subject to some inherent dangers such as steep slopes, water, falling trees and branches, rugged and rocky terrain, etc. Proper hiking footwear and supervision of children is a must. By entering and using the City of Juneau parks, you accept the sole responsibility for the actions and safety of yourself and dependents. The City of Juneau is not responsible for any emergency or medical services that may be incurred as a result of your use of the park. To protect the park and maximize everyone’s enjoyment of the park, the City of Juneau Municipal Code, Chapter 12.16 will be enforced, including, but not limited to the following:
- Campground is open from 7:00am to 11:00pm
- Only registered campers are permitted after 11:00pm. Overnight campers must self-register at the campground shelter.
- Quiet time begins at 11:00pm
- Camping permitted only in designated campsites.
- No more than six persons may occupy one campsite.
- Persons under the age of 18 years are not allowed in campsites unless accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- Campsites must be kept clean. All garbage must be properly disposed of. No food items are to be left without being properly stored to prevent the attraction of animals.
- Feeding of geese, ducks, and other wildlife is prohibited.
- No trees or other vegetation may be cut or damaged.
- No digging is allowed.
- Campfires are not permitted, except in campfire pits provided by the City.
- Park shelters are available on a first come first serve basis unless reserved at City Hall.
- Loud, violent, abusive, or otherwise disorderly conduct is prohibited.
- Motor vehicles must be used only on streets and parking lots.
- No dog, cat, or other animal shall be allowed in any city park except on a leash.
- Animal fecal matter must be removed by owner or by the person in charge of the animal.
- No firearms allowed.
- No glass container allowed in park.
Any violation of City of Juneau park codes or regulations may be grounds for revocation of a campsite or shelter by City of Juneau Police Department or park staff.
For more information contact:
City of Juneau
150 Miller Street
P.O. Box 163
Juneau, WI 53039